Please read the User ID FAQ before questioning this feature's validity.
ID Users: The way it works
Gnome monitors the Starcraft Broodwar gamelist and logs all the data, which includes the host's name and host's IP address. Using this pool of information, accounts can be linked together via IP address.
When you make a search, the username is looked up to get all of the IPs he or she has been seen hosting on, then looks up each one of those IPs to find other names. Due to privacy concerns, this website will never reveal any user's IP.
- This feature is affected by spoofing. If a player spoofs another player's name, that spoofed name will become linked to the spoofer's account.
- If a user's IP is not static, there is a probability that other people who use his or her ISP will get one of their old IPs eventually. If they happen to play Battle.net as well, their accounts will become linked. This service is to help link accounts together; it is not in anyway guaranteed to be 100% accurate.
- Only the 10,000 most recent games of a person are searched in order to save on processing time. Only a few usernames hit this cap, so you shouldn't have to worry.
- If a user has been seen hosting only on 1 day, the background will be gray.
- If a user has been seen hosting 1-30 days, the background will be yellow.
- If a user has been seen hosting more than 30 days, the background will be green.
- If a user has a red background, that user's host was found to be something different than current host (someone in that host group probably spoofed this user).
- If a user has a host ratio of 1 or more, there will be a by their name. This indicates that the host is an active host and is most likely NOT spoofed. It does NOT relate to your search in ANY way.
- If a user has a host ratio between 0.3 and 1, there will be a by their name.
- A user with an asterisk does not necessarily mean he is the same user as who your searched for.
Select your realm and type in a user's name to begin to search. The search may quite awhile (up to 60 seconds), as millions of records have to be searched several times, so please be patient. Refreshing the page will not decrease load time at all (but if page loads blank, by all means refresh).
You can choose whether of not invalid names are shown (invalid names will appear in red). If you know the IP of a user, you can specifically look it up by using the following format: ip:127.0.0.1